Director of the Year Awards
The 10th Annual Campus Safety Director of the Year Awards recognizes outstanding campus public safety, security and emergency management leaders and the effective policies, procedures and technologies they use to protect their organizations. The Campus Safety Director of the Year winners will be announced at our Opening Ceremonies on Thursday, July 13th.
Thursday, July 13
Making a Difference in Campus Safety
A tribute to Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook
Safe and Sound: A Sandy Hook Initiative
Friday, July 14
Long Beach Police Department
Hot Topic Meetups
The Campus Safety Hot Topic Meetups provide an informal venue for attendees to openly discuss current topics of focused mutual interest. Join us for an interactive forum to network, learn and share best practices with those who are passionate about the safety and security of our nation's K-12 and Higher Education campuses. Please note: seating is limited to 10-12 people and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Don't just observe, ENGAGE, NETWORK, and LEARN!
Bleed Control Hands-On Training
A series of 30-45 minute sessions running from 11:30 AM -3:30 PM on Thursday, July 13th with a small groups participating in hands-on training and demonstration.
What you will learn:
- What really works when stopping blood loss
- When to use a tourniquet or hemostatic dressing
- Debunking the myths about tourniquets and hemostatic dressings
- How to pack a wound using a hemostatic dressing
- How to wrap and protect wounds until help arrives
- What should you carry with you and what should be pre-stationed