EAST | SPEAKER PORTAL
JUNE 20 – 22, 2022 – BETHESDA NORTH MARRIOTT HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTER
Welcome, Campus Safety Conference East Speakers!
This area of the website is for current speakers only, and is to be used to manage the speaker process.
Please check back often for updates and additional information.
Monday, June 20
10:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Registration Open
1:00 PM – 5:15 PM: Pre-Conference & Hot Topics
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Welcome Reception
Tuesday, June 21
7:30 AM – 3:30 PM: Sponsor Showcase Open
7:30 AM – 6:00 PM: Conference Hours
6:00 PM – 7:15 PM: Reception with Raffle Drawings & Book Signings
Wednesday, June 22
8:00 AM – 12:30 PM: Conference Hours
CSC will register you for the Conference complimentary ($699 value).
All speaker passes includes access to the full conference including the sessions, sponsor showcase, meals/refreshments, and receptions.
Pre-Conferences are available as an optional add on (complimentary).
All speakers will receive one free Conference Pass to invite a guest to CSC ($699 value). To utilize the complimentary Conference Pass, please contact Adrian Dalton.
Hotel and Travel
The Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is about 43 minutes from the hotel (25 miles).
The Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is about 47 minutes from the hotel (38 miles)
Travel by Ground
There is a Hertz Car Rental at the hotel should you wish to rent a car.
The White Flint Metro Bus Station and The White Flint Metro Subway Station – Red Line are 0.2 miles or less from the hotel.
The Metro/MARC/Amtrak Train Station is less than 4 miles from the hotel.
Parking at the hotel is $19 per day and $30 per night.
Parking at the Convention Center is $2.50 per hour for a maximum of 30 hours.
CSC has a discounted rate for daily self-parking at the Convention Center for $15 per day ($30 value).
For further information on ground transportation and driving directions to the hotel, please click here.
Discounted rates are available at the host hotel. We recommend that you do this ASAP before the cut-off date and/or the rooms sell out.
Hotel & Conference Location
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
Rockville, MD 20852
- Reservation Inquiries: contact The Marriott Central Reservations Team by calling (888) 236-2427.
- Other Inquiries: Call the hotel directly at (301) 822-9200 and leave a voicemail. A representative from the hotel will respond within 24-hours.
Guestroom rate includes WiFi for Marriott members (free to join!) and discounted self parking.
Cut-Off Date: Extended to June 3, 2022
Call 877-212-5752 and mention CSC22.
IMPORTANT! – We do not associate with third parties. We encourage that you take advantage of the CSC hotel rate to ensure that you receive our special rate and benefits.
This brief informal video is a great opportunity for the speaker to introduce themselves, provide a brief description of their session, and to encourage attendees to see them at CSC East!
This would be used on the website, e-blasts, social media, etc. Sample #1, Sample #2, Sample #3.
- It can be done with anything that has a video camera and good sound i.e. cellphone, laptop, computer etc.
- The video can be no longer than one-minute long.
- When creating the video, please make sure it is created in a horizontal frame.
- Feel free to get creative and be informal i.e. include a co-presenter, take the video outside, show pets (top view videos), photos, etc.
- Please do not post the video.
Article or Interview
This is a great opportunity to provide an informative article and promote the speaker’s participation at CSC to 60K+ viewers in the CS Magazine!
Option 1: Create Your Own Article
- An informative article on any campus safety topic (except for the session topic).
- The article must be 600-800 words and include the author’s name, job title, school/organization, and bio.
- Please send the video to Robin Hattersley when complete. If the file is too large, you can send it via WeTransfer.
- This would be a Q&A interview with CSC that would be converted into a promotional video.
- Please reach out to Robin Hattersley if you are interested.
If you have a published book, this is a great opportunity to provide attendees with additional content and build your network by selling your book and doing a book signing at CSC!
- CSC will promote the book sale/signing.
- We ask the speaker to provide 1 signed copy of the book (per CSC location) for CSC raffle off at the beginning of the conference to promote the book.
- The speaker will be responsible for the book sale transactions and signing.
- CSC will provide a table for the book sale and signing.
- The book sale and signing will take place during the Networking Reception.
AV will be provided for all the sessions except for the Hot Topic Roundtable Discussions.
- Hot Topics are intimate roundtable discussions amongst a small group of people.
- AV will include a projector, screen, audio speakers, and shared WiFi.
- Keynote sessions will have additional projectors, screens and microphones for the session and Q&A.
- General Sessions will have microphones for the session and Q&A.
- AV is subject to change. CSC will do its’ best to communicate this information to you.
- All speakers must present using their own laptop.
- If participating on a panel, only the moderator needs their laptop.
- Not needed for Hot Topic Roundtable Discussions
Presentation and Handouts | Wed., June 8
- The presentation must be sent in the CSC PowerPoint template prior to the deadline to allow enough time for the presentation to be reviewed, make updates, and send the final version.
- Speakers are responsible for the production, cost and delivery of their own materials i.e. handouts. Shipping details coming soon!
- The presentation and handouts (if applicable) should be sent to Dana McClay for approval. If the file is too large, you can send it via WeTransfer to Dana McClay.
On-Site | Mon., June 20 - Wed., June 22
- Final presentations and handouts must be sent to Dana McClay prior to arrival.
- The attire on-site is business casual. Uniforms are welcomed.
- Speakers are expected to present in a professional manner as they are representing CSC. For more information on the agreed terms, please click here to review the performance section of the speaker agreement.
- Logistics and expectations coming soon!
Official CSC Logo Download
Use the official CSC logo on your website and marketing materials to let customers know that you will be at CSC!
Increase your brand awareness and tabletop traffic by connecting with us on social media and using #CSC22 #EmbracingResilience
Speaker Incentive Contest!
Participate in this exciting (and new) contest and be eligible to win an amazing prize! Here’s how it works:
- Contact Alyson Robb to retrieve your speaker code and custom link.
- Provide this customized registration link and the promo code to your peers that offers them $100 off the Conference Pass or $10 off the Express Pass.
- The speaker with the most registrations (Conference or Express Pass) wins!
The Winning Prize is $100!
- Click here for prize details, tips and tricks, and rules and regulations.
- If you have any questions or would like to participate, please contact Alyson Robb.
” CSC is the conference to attend. If you are not there, you are missing out! “
— Scott Leven, Director of Safety and Security, Ozarks Technical Community College