Campus Safety Magazine Announces 2018 Call for Speakers
Campus Safety magazine is pleased to announce that it is accepting presenter proposals for next summer's Campus Safety Conferences that will be held in the Washington, D.C., Dallas and Los Angeles areas.
The 5th annual Campus Safety Conferences are education and training events for anyone involved in ensuring the public safety and security for our nation's K-12 schools and institutions of higher education. The events will feature in-depth safety and security sessions for K-12 and higher education campuses, plus full-day workshops and demonstrations, 55+ product and solution providers, and extensive networking opportunities.
The Campus Safety Conferences are presented by Campus Safety magazine and are the premier events in the industry. The goal of the Campus Safety Conferences is to provide attendees with the resources and training to increase preparedness, communication, and response prior to, during and after a variety of safety and security incidents.
Prospective speakers are encouraged to submit detailed proposals addressing safety and security for higher education and K-12 schools. Session topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing for Aftermath: Response and Recovery
- Planning for Severe Weather Incidents
- Conducting Active Killer/Terrorism Emergency Drills
- Managing Protests and Large Events on Campus
- Coordination and Communication Between Public Safety and Administrators
- Effectively Communicating to the Media
- Conducting Threat Assessments
- Recognizing Mental Health Concerns
- Case studies Involving Emergency Management issues (natural disasters, evacuations, etc.)
- Implementing Technologies and Solutions
- Dealing with the Opioid Epidemic
- Scenario Training Exercises
- Small Group - Meetup Discussion Topics
Please submit proposals online no later than Friday, November 17, 2017. Presenters will be contacted by late January.
We invite you to submit presentations that are geared towards audience engagement and participation for an all-encompassing experience. We encourage you to visit CampusSafetyConference.com to view required information to prepare you for the submissions process. Please contact the Campus Safety Conference team with any questions.
**The 2018 Campus Safety Call for Speakers is now CLOSED**
Thank you for your submissions!